Sunday, May 29, 2022

Holiday

 I haven't been on holiday since 2019, so I thought I would try a 3 day coach holiday on my own as my friend is unable to come with me. Visiting Geof Hamiltons garden and Rutland water appealed to me and I thought 3 days how difficult can it be? on a Friday I was picked up at a local supermarket and off we went I was a bit worried as to who I sat with but as a couple had cancelled the driver moved me down close to the front and I had a double seat to myself !!  we treked round Essex and eventually ended up at Birchirchanger services on the M11.  bit of a disaster as the ladies loos were being rebuilt and we had tempery ones outside in the pouring rain.they were ok and clean but the floor was running withrain water and the poor attendant couldn't keep it dry however much she tried . on person fell over,(not me thank goodness) and I held on tight To the sink and railing to get out. A straight ride to Boswoth Hall  and the sun came out. A beautiful building and my single room was nice with a double bed, JulietBalcony and a view over the lawn and gardens.  I had dinner with a couple from the coach and spent a pleasen evening with them (2 for !) drinks in the bar. I dont drink alcohol much soI had 2 glasses of Rose, struggled with on and they helped me out by sharing the other. slept well had a good breakfast and off we went to the Garden, There are 38 small gardens to strol round and I realy enjoyed them They were hosting a wedding inpart of the garde and I missed seeing the bride but loved the bridesmaids in salmon Pink Spent quite a time in nursery and although I promised myself I would only buy one plant and not spend more than £20, 3 fell into my basket and I only spen 50 pence over the top.  then a short trip to Rutland water and we had a boat trip on the Rutland Belle . Warm and sunny it was a lovely day. That evening my friends walked into the village and I had wine again what a devik I am . the barmaid said she would put 2 small glasses of wine in a large glass for me so I strolled round the terrace and gardens. there was a wedding in a large marquee  so I sat and watched the evening guests arrived, enjoyed the disco music, and gradually  drunk the large glass of wine.Can't remember when I did that last and wandered back to my room as it got dark!! From my window I saw the bride and her girl friends dancing on the lawn,it was like watching a fairy floating about with all the girls with her. Next day it was home again with a stop in nearby Market Bosworth. As it was Sunday not many shops were open but the Farmers market was in the Market place. I did not buy plants although lots did, but bought some lovely hand made chocs for my family.  the trip home was easy and we dropped off some at Birchanger (Toilets were fine as it was hot and sunny) my drop off was second from last and my grandson was there to take me home. Poppy rushed out to greet me as I got out of the car. My grandaughter had been looking after her and after a few dreamies she stayed close to me when I watered the garden. I enjoyed it and will go again if I can afford it later in the summer. Hugs from Poppy and Val  

1 comment:

  1. So pleased you had a nice break. I have been on lots of coach holidays by my self not abroad but interesting places and I usual find there is always somebody on there own. I always take a book when I have a meal or drink. Some coach people will let you choose the seat you can have, I have also gone on single holidays and they have been nice, hope you have some more holidays.

    ReplyDelete

It's Monday!!!

 I'm a day behind at the moment because I was soo tired yesterday. I woke up late and after shower and hairwash just couldn't summon...