Sunday, May 5, 2024

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

 Yesterday Ipswich Town Football Town won their last match in the Championship 2-0 against Huddersfield and were promoted in second place to the Premier league after 22 years in the lower leagues Keiren Mckenna arrived as manager and in 2 years has promoted us to the top league. We will always be grateful to him. I remember Alf Ramsey doing the same thing in the late 1950s and then the great days we had then, later followed by Bobby Robson and all the achievments including the FA Cup when 1978, Both went on to manage England,  Alf won the word cup in 1966 and both were knighted by the Queen. Stay with us Keiren and my hope for his and our future is that he will do the same, I have bought my season ticket again, had one since early 70s when I could afford it, this year they were all sold out quickly. I have sat in the West stand since 1984 when Sir Bobby had it rebuilt. Wonderfull view from the front row until I had to move to a lower  level as I can't manage the steps now. Still a very good view and I cant wait till August when I will be  there again.    COME ON YOU BLUES.

1 comment:

  1. Well done the Blues! I believe there's some rivalry between the Blues and the Canaries. My Norfolk late brother-in-law supported the Canaries.

    ReplyDelete

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

 Yesterday Ipswich Town Football Town won their last match in the Championship 2-0 against Huddersfield and were promoted in second place to...