Friday, January 1, 2021

New Years Day

 Happy New Year to you all. The best part of New Years eve was a portal call to all my family. We chattered on for about one and a half hours and it was lovely to see all my teenage grandchildren joining in. I was going to stay up but Poppy and I went to bed as usual and I woke up about midnight as a few fireworks  were going off. 

2020 has been a year to remember and we have been lucky to have kept well. I have missed outings with friends, W.I. History group, my weekly family meal which my daughter does so we can catch up together. Good things were all summer we had the family meal in our gardens, bring your own picnic or takeaway. I did lots of walks taking my picnic, (something I had not done before as I usually popped into a a local cafe.) Best of all Poppy my rescue cat arrived on what would have been my mothers birthday  and has changed my life, Sometimes we are still working out whose in charge!! 

Such a lot of changes , and now we go forward into a new world for the U K. Look after yourselves and take care, look forward to the vaccine. Don't look back as we cannot change it and make the most of every day. Breakfast now for Poppy and Val x

1 comment:

It's Monday!!!

 I'm a day behind at the moment because I was soo tired yesterday. I woke up late and after shower and hairwash just couldn't summon...