Monday, January 22, 2024

Getting back on track.

 It's taken a while to get back on track. Walking has gone out of the window as this last week has been freezing cold with sharp winds and I just don't want to get colder by walking for pleasure. Some nights Iv'e worn an extra cardigan in bed and Poppy and I have snuggled down in bed with the electric blanket on.I have started to go to my monthly groups and this week it was the Gathering at St Marys church. All us oldies were feeling chilly so the lady who came to do simple chair exercises did a good job eventually getting us out of the chair and trying to stand on one leg!! much  laughter amd giggling went on ,and a good time was had by all. I chose a jigsaw from the draw and took it to our family meal as my daughter and son in law always have one on the go. Ginny one of their cats loves patting the pieces into place. As Eric Morcambe said it's the right piece but not neccesairly in the right place!!  Next day I went to my normal Seated Zumba class. but was so under the weather I didn't get out of my car and had to go home instead until I warmed up with a hot water bottle.When T my neighbour is bored he pops round and does little jobs for me and this time he moved a shelf in a kitchen cupboard for me .I am getting shorter and shorter! put a picture I had for Christmas up and tightened up my uplighter. I have read  Richard Osmans book so reterned it to the library where I had another book waiting.This has lots of reserves on it so I had to spend a happy weekend reading and have finished it. I'm all read out so am now catching up on The Archers on my Ipad whilst relaxing in a chair with a throw over me to snuggle under. Storm Isea arrived last night a very windy up to 80 miles an hour gusts so  my happy ending is that apart from one plastic garden chair blowing over I had no problems. Hugs from Poppy and Val x 

1 comment:

  1. My balance is terrible. I do work on it and it's better than it was but even so . . .
    It really has been chilly - thank goodness it seems to have warmed up a bit now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

 Yesterday Ipswich Town Football Town won their last match in the Championship 2-0 against Huddersfield and were promoted in second place to...