Saturday, December 4, 2021

Christmas arrangements

 Last Sunday we had a family get together to arrange our Christmas day. Previous years we had all gone out to a pub for our Christmas lunch but last year we decided to do it ourselves due to Covid . we all put in the cost the lunch we had paid before and divided the buying of food for the day and drink of course. Son inlaw got a turkey  with his staff discount, I had lots delivered as I am at home the most and we all bought our favourite dish ( I made a Sherry trifle. ) We all spent the day with me and Grandson & I did the cooking. It was the most my oven had been used for years!! When the cost was taken out  it was about half we would have paid to go out, the rest of the money was sent to Find, our local foodbank.  

We decided to do the same again this year, we are going to my Grandsons as it is their first Christmas in the new house. I am buying the cheeseboard and the nuts and making my trifle of course, soninlaw has just bought the turkey  and grandsons partner is making her faboulous chocolate cheesecake(yummy) everything else is split between us. It will be interesting to see how much is left for the foodbank as food is going up week on week. If we can't get all we want so what, our lovely day together is about our time and fun together not food. 

Today Poppy and I are putting up our decorations, It's a miserable day here but we will will soon be bright and merry as long a I remember where the tree is! Where did I put it???? Poppy is asleep on the settee so I am going to wake her up and get those lights out. Happy weekend from Poppy and Val xx   

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday!!!

 I'm a day behind at the moment because I was soo tired yesterday. I woke up late and after shower and hairwash just couldn't summon...