Sunday, August 15, 2021

 Almost Normal

We are slowly getting back to normal I think. August is a busy month for birthdays as both my daughters and my grandson have them in the space of a week! and now Poppy has been added to them as she was born on the 1st August. For her first birthday with me my daughter bought her a cat house for the garden, painted blue and white of course. She is not quite sure what it is is but a trail of Dreamies led her into it to find a familiar cushion to sit on. so far she likes sitting  on the top and surveying the garden in comfort. we combined 2 birthdays and the news that my grandson is engaged with a meal at our favourite Chinese resteraunt in Ipswich.First time I have been in town for 2 years. 

Last Saturday Ipswich Town played their first home match with a crowd for 2 years. I do not believe I chose not to see my beloved ITFC play, but I do not feel comfortable with a crowd of 21000 people. Will I ever go again?? I hope so.   Our W.I. has had its first meeting  in the village hall! it was lovely to see about 35 of us there. the president said she was not sure if we should sing Jerusalem but had brought a tape of it for us to listen to. (don't tell anyone but there was a lot of humming going on and we all laughed at the end!)   Lots of laughter and a great deal of chatting made it a lovely evening. Time for breakfast in the sunny garden for Poppy and me so have a lovely Sunday and stay safe,xx Val and Poppy

1 comment:

  1. Some things are going back and some things are new normal - it's starting to feel much more comfortable anyway, I think, which is nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

It's Monday!!!

 I'm a day behind at the moment because I was soo tired yesterday. I woke up late and after shower and hairwash just couldn't summon...