Saturday, January 16, 2021

It's Snowing

 Snow has arrived in Suffolk overnight and when Poppy went out in the garden after her breakfast she was not impressed. I went back indoors as it was cold and she eventually must have gone across the patio but soon came in as only one track of paw prints across the garden gave her little meander away. we have both spent quite a time indoors this week as the rain and cold grey days seemed to drag on a bit. some days I only had short walks and my seamans hat knitting has had a good go most days. My decorator came to give me an estimate for my hall, I thought I might change the doors for new ones,(I have 8 doors off the hall ) but the price of new ones frightened me stiff so we agreed that I would have new handles and catches as several of them don't close well. I was expecting to have it done in the Spring but like most tradesmen Ross is booked up well into the summer and the only time to have it done is early February!!

 Our garden rubbish collection has been suspended, luckily my friend told me just as I was about to put the bin out. The news of the week was on Wednesday when I had a message on my phone asking me to book a Covid vaccination I did this online and will have it next Tuesday at Trinity Park Showground on the edge of Ipswich. It also booked the second jab in March. I was suprised how easy it was and at least I will be able to get out of the village and drive there, how I miss not going for a drive and walk.

Thursday evening is our family catch up on Portal and had a lovey time with much laughter as 8 of us chatted, Poppy sat on my lap trying to find where the sounds were coming from as she usually gets Dreamies when my daughter comes , and in Gosport Gordon my other daughters puppy was rushing up and down the floor trying to get into the act!!

That's all for now, Poppy is asleep on the sofa next to the radiator and I'm going to book a live streaming of Burton Albion and Ipswich Town for this afternoon, it will be warmer than if I was going to the Match. Have a good weekend, love from Poppy and Val


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday!!!

 I'm a day behind at the moment because I was soo tired yesterday. I woke up late and after shower and hairwash just couldn't summon...