Monday, February 14, 2022

Snowdrops.

 This weekend I took the short drive to Blakenham Woodland Gardens to see their snow drop display. It must be a good year for snowdrops as the fields and ditches along the road were covered with them. There was much to see and lots of people and dogs enjoying them. Apart from a lovely natural display in the woodland walk there were 2 Suffolk Punch horses to stroke, a chocoatiere in the old dairy making fantastic chocolate, lots of differant snowdrops( in the green) to buy and yummy homemade refreshments. I haven't got any snowdrops in my gatden so I opted after advice from the gardener to buy a common sort. Nivalis, hardy and easy to grow, I did have 2 cheese and Marmite straws and a sausage roll but no coffee as it served in paper cups and I don't drink out of them! I do keep a china mug in my car but forgot to put it in my bag, so strolled back to my car, couldn't resist eating one of the cheese straws as the sun was lovely and warm then drove home made a coffee and had the rest for lumch in my sunny lounge. 

Poppy and I then spent a quiet afternoon She was sleeping off her lunch on her throw and I listened to the football match between MK Dons and ITFC whilst sewing up several hats I had knitted for the seamen at Felixstowe. It was a 0-0 draw but an interesting game. A lovely way to spend Saturday.

Yesterday I planted the Snowdrops in the garden in several different spots. It was freezing cold and a stiff wind blowing so thats all I did outside. caught up on several things on my todo list and went to the Sorrel Horse pub at Barham with my family. as usual I had sausage& onion pie and salad and a super lemon cheesecake. I am so lucky to be able to spend time with my family. I love them all.xx Val

2 comments:

  1. That sounds just about a perfect Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the ladies I was talking too at the chapel coffee morning last week was given a huge bag of hats to add to what she had knitted for the Seamans Mission - she was telling me all about it.
    Blakenham would have been much nearer than Anglesey Abbey for me! Should have found out about it before. Duh!

    ReplyDelete

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

 Yesterday Ipswich Town Football Town won their last match in the Championship 2-0 against Huddersfield and were promoted in second place to...